Adsense

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Product-review: Kikkerland Hedgehog Dryer Buddies

My husband has Parkinson’s Disease. His was caused we believe, by exposure to a toxic chemical. This has made us very much more aware of all the toxins we have been using in our daily life. We have begun to use toxin-free cleaners around the house and in the laundry. Enter Kirkkerland Hedgehog Dryer Buddies.

I have been trying to get away from using dryer sheets which have lots of ingredients that are really not necessary. My first step was to buy some that use no toxic chemicals. While that addresses one issue, toxins, it is more expensive to use than regular bargain dryer sheets which create a whole other issue, the additional money spent. Thus Dryer Buddies seems to fit the bill nicely.
The packaging does not make any unrealistic claims it promises:
  •    Softens fabric naturally
  •    Controls dryer static
  •    Hypoallergenic
I placed both Dryer Buddies into the dryer drum and then added a large load of dark clothes. I turned on the dryer and walked away. I returned when the buzzer told me that it was finished.

I was impressed with the fact that the clothes definitely felt soft and I could see that the socks were not stuck to any of the other clothes which are a pretty big deal. That is part of the static issue, especially in the winter time. The only issue I have had is that I found a pair of woman’s nylon and spandex panties stuck to a shirt. Since these types are particularly prone to static, I was not too surprised. 

They can get tangled into larger items. Last week when I was folding my sheets I found that one had become entangled within the sheet. I usually try to make sure that both of them are still at the bottom of the dryer when I finish removing the clothes.

Overall, I was very pleased with the job that the Dryer Buddies did. The initial cost was $8.00 and since they appear pretty indestructible, I can see them lasting for years. Best of all, there was no scent to bother anyone with allergies and they did what they promised to do. I feel as if it was $8 well spent. I chose the style that looks like a hedgehog. They are really quite cute and my little grandson Jack would like to play with them.

I purchased mine at a local specialty store, they are however available online directly from Kikkerland or on Amazon.com. They do come in several different animals besides the hedgehogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment