Adsense

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Mattress Review: Tulo

The mattress in our spare bedroom has been around since the fire in 1995. It was time for it to be replaced. I am a Serta girl all the way but Al needs to have a very supportive mattress and when he can't sleep he goes to the spare bedroom. That made getting a mattress that he likes important. My friend Cindy bought a twin Tulo and was very pleased. She had Al lay on it at her house and he found it comfortable.

Mattress Firm carries the Tulo so we went to their store in Glastonbury to try out the different firmnesses. It is a good thing that we did since Al did not like the twin, he felt like he would fall off the bed. We ended up getting a full and he preferred the firm to the medium. That is what we ordered. 

Unfortunately, I was told that the frame for the full would not be available until October.

I had the option of picking the mattress up at the warehouse in Windsor, having it delivered for a substantial fee or having it delivered to the store and picking it up there. I opted to pick it up at the store. I was told it would be in on Wednesday and that I could pick it up on Thursday. That was incorrect, I could not get it until Friday.
When I got home I went to Mattress Firm online and ordered the frame, seems it was available and I received it before I picked up the mattress. As you can imagine, I was less than impressed with the information I received from the Mattress Firm in Glastonbury. 

The frame arrived on Wednesday and I was able to put it together myself, it was very straightforward. 

The Tulo comes in a box, it is not light but the two of us were able to manage it. It fit in the back seat of our Forester. It takes a few hours for the mattress to rise to its full height of 10 inches. Reviews I read talked about a smell lasting 24 hours, I did not find the smell to be at all overwhelming. 

How do I like the Tulo? I love it. It is very comfortable and the total price was about $660. It comes with a 10-year guarantee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment